The Trust can consider helping with the following:
- Severn Trent Trust Fund can consider making a grant to meet water/ sewerage charges due to Severn Trent Water if you are in hardship and unable to pay. Most Severn Trent Trust Fund grants range between £400 - £750. Trustees will only consider grants outside this range in exceptional circumstances.
- In certain cases, the Trust can also consider helping with priority debts as well as buying essential households items.
The Trust cannot help with the following:
- Court fines, catalogue debts, credit cards, mortgage payments, personal loans or other forms of borrowing.
- Social Fund loans/benefit overpayments/Tax Credit overpayments.
- Loans or help with bills you have already paid or items that you have already bought.
- If your previous application to the Trust was declined in the last 12 months or if it was awarded within the last 24 months.
- Debts outstanding with other water companies.
To apply to the Severn Trent Trust Fund you will need to:
- Create an account - If you are applying for the discount yourself, please create an individual account. If you work for an advice agency, please create an advice agency account.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Upload proof of household income. The Trust is unable to consider applications where proof of income is not provided.
- Submit your application.
If you are applying for Bankruptcy fees, an additional form will need to be submitted alongside this online application. Please email contact@STTF.org.uk to request the additional Bankruptcy form.